An intermediate Level to Dive deep into your wine journey
in-person courses in Whistler, Canada
Schedule: Class is from 5:30-9 pm evenings starting September 20th, 2022
Classes are on : September 20th, 27th, Oct 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th with the exam on November 15th
- tasting technique with 5 wines, recognizing wine faults
- pairing wine with food
- storage and service of wine
- factors influencing the style of wine
- grape growing and climate factors that influence the flavour of the wine
- international labelling laws and terms
- French wine labelling
- French International Stars! Sauvignon Blanc
- Burgundy: Pinot Noir + Chardonnay and everywhere else they grow
- Red winemaking options and how they influence the flavour of the wine
- Tasting of 8 wines
- How the region, grape variety, winemaking and bottle ageing affect the style and quality of white, sweet and rosé wine.
- The German Star White: Riesling
- 2 French and 1 Spanish White: Gewurztraminer, Viognier, and Albariño
- More French White and the Exotic Hungarian! Chenin Blanc, Sémillon and Furmint
- Tasting of 6 wines (or 7 if we taste the Tokaji this day!)
- The French Reds: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/ Shiraz, Gamay
- The Spanish Reds: Grenache/ Garnacha, Tempranillo
- Tasting of 10 wines
- Although it’s originally French, this grape is most famous in Italy! Pinot Grigio/ Pinot Gris
- Oh the Italian Reds! Sangiovese, Montepulciano
- Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cortese
- More Italian: Corvina, Garganega, Verdicchio and Fiano and Zinfandel/ Primitivo
- Tasting of 6 wines
- The sparklers: Champagne, Cava, Asti and Prosecco
- Carmenère, Malbec and Pinotage
- The finishers: Sherry, Port and tasting of Tokaji (unless we taste it on day 3)
- Tasting of 8 wines
You don’t have to take Level 1 WSET to take your Level 2. However, be prepared to work hard as this course covers many regions and wines most people have never heard of before. So this course is ideal for those who have taken the Level 1 or for those who already have a wine foundation they want to build upon.
WSET is ideal for anyone working in the wine industry who want to advance in their career!
WSET Level 2 lapel pin and Certification mailed to you upon passing.
Who is WSET Level 2 For
Pliny the Elder, Rome
In wine there is truth
"In Vino Veritas"
Your WSET Level 2 Exam
You’ll have over 3 weeks after your last class to prepare and practice with your free online Ultimate Guide to Your Level 2 Course then…
Exam : from 5:30-6:30 pm on November 15th
- you have 1 hour to write the exam
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- you must get 55% in order to pass the exam
- 70-84% Pass with Merit
- 85% or higher Pass with Distinction
Exams are sent to London, England for marking and may take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to get your results.
You must bring a government-issued photo ID to the exam
WSET Level 2 lapel pin and Certificate mailed to you upon passing.