Coming to Kamloops This Spring!!
WSET Wine Courses
Hi, I’m Joanne – a Kamloops native. Well, actually I live in Whistler now. But I’m a certified wine pro and I’m coming back to my hometown to share some wine fun with you. Wanna join me?!
More about me here.
Words to describe wines
Learn food + wine pairing
WSET Level 2 in Wines
We'll cover 22 grape varieties and 70 European wines. Level 2 has no prerequisite courses, but get ready to dive deep into the world of wine!
Registration Deadline: Not sure yet, but starting this Spring
First Class: Full day classes 3x over the course of 6 weeks
Time to be announced too
Where: The Commons
38016 Cleveland Ave
Cost: $1350 CAD
On the first day of class, you'll receive a textbook you'll cherish forever! Plus a FREE 3-yr access to my Ultimate Guide to WSET Level 1 in Wines as a primer before the first day of class.
If you would like to purchase the Ultimate Guide to WSET Level 2 in Wines, you'll be offered a 50% discount at checkout. The Ultimate Guide to WSET Level 2 in Wines is a mobile-friendly guide that offers over 700 multiple choice and drag+drop questions to ensure you get that Distinction grade.
Who WSET Level 2 in Wines is For
You don’t have to take Level 1 WSET to take your Level 2. However, be prepared to work hard as this course covers many regions and wines most people have never heard of before. The Level II is ideal for those who have already taken the Level 1 WSET or for those who already have a wine foundation they want to build upon.
WSET is ideal for anyone working in the wine industry who want to advance in their career!
Classes are on :
- tasting technique with 5 wines, recognizing wine faults
- pairing wine with food
- storage and service of wine
- factors influencing the style of wine
- grape growing and climate factors that influence the flavour of the wine
- international labelling laws and terms
- French wine labelling
- French International Stars! Sauvignon Blanc
- Burgundy: Pinot Noir + Chardonnay and everywhere else they grow
- Red winemaking options and how they influence the flavour of the wine
- Tasting of 6-8 wines
- How the region, grape variety, winemaking and bottle ageing affect the style and quality of white, sweet and rosé wine.
- The German Star White: Riesling
- Although it’s originally French, this grape is most famous in Italy! Pinot Grigio/ Pinot Gris
- 2 French and 1 Spanish White: Gewurztraminer, Viognier, and Albariño
- More French White and the Exotic Hungarian! Chenin Blanc, Sémillon and Furmint
- Tasting of 6 wines
- The French Reds: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/ Shiraz, Gamay
- Carmenère, Malbec and Pinotage
- The Spanish Reds: Grenache/ Garnacha, Tempranillo
- Tasting of 8 wines
- Oh the Italian Reds! Sangiovese, Montepulciano
- Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cortese
- More Italian: Corvina, Garganega, Verdicchio and Fiano and Zinfandel/ Primitivo
- Tasting of 5 wines
- The sparklers: Champagne, Cava, Asti and Prosecco
- The finishers: Sherry + Port
- Tasting of 6 wines
Your Level 2 Exam
You’ll have over 2 weeks after your last class to prepare and practice and then…
Exam : from 5:30-6:30 pm on November 15th
- you have 1 hour to write the exam
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- you must get 55% in order to pass the exam
- 70-84% Pass with Merit
- 85% or higher – Pass with Distinction
Exams are sent to London, England for marking and may take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to get your results.
You must bring a government-issued photo ID to the exam
Celebrate your wine mastery with pride as you receive your coveted blue lapel pin, a symbol of triumph and proof of passing your wine exam. You’ll also get a certificate signed by our WSET president upon passing!
Pliny the Elder, Rome
In wine there is truth
"In Vino Veritas"
Kind words from kind humans...
I wouldn’t be a success without hardworking students such as these fine humans…