Coming to Kamloops This Spring!!
WSET Wine Courses
Hi, I’m Joanne – a Kamloops native. Well, actually I live in Whistler now. But I’m a certified wine pro and I’m coming back to my hometown to share some wine fun with you. Wanna join me?!
More about me here.
Words to describe wines
Learn food + wine pairing
WSET Level 1 in Wines
We'll cover 8 grape varieties and 16 wines from European wine regions. So, get ready to prime your palate - as we'll also cover the basics of food and wine pairing, how to store and serve wine and which glassware to use. We'll have 7 classroom hours to master the basics, taste 9 wines and leave you thirsty for more!
Full day class from 8:45 am - 5:30 pm
Where: Not sure yet but likely downtown or near TRU
Cost: $599 CAD
Includes wines, your digital ebook, the exam and FREE access to my Ultimate Guide to WSET Level 1 in Wines - mobile-friendly quizzes (over 250 questions in drag+drop, multiple choice and written answers) to make sure you gain that coveted 'Distinction' grade on your exam !
You'll receive an e-book code to access your digital textbook soon after payment and at least 1 week before the class starts. START STUDYING right away!
After payment, you'll also gain FREE access to my Ultimate Guide to WSET Level 1 in Wines - a mobile-friendly database of over 300 multiple choice and drag+drop questions. This guide will guarantee you a killer grade!
Class is from 8:45-5:30
Deadline for registration: We’re looking into it! Check back soon or email email@example.com and she’ll put you on the mailing list when she releases the dates!
You take your exam on the same day as the class !
Class starts 8:45
- What is wine
- Where the best places are for growing wine grapes
- How to make wine
- Wine types: still, sparkling, fortified, white, rosé, red
- Ways to describe wines: dry, medium, sweet, acidity, tannin, alcohol, body, fruit, oak, and more
Morning Break 10:00 – 10:15
- The good stuff – white wines! Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Sancerre, Chablis, White Burgundy, Champagne
- Learn how to conduct a proper wine tasting using the SAT
- Tasting of 2 white wines
Lunch 11:30 – 12:15
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/ Shiraz, Burgundy, Bordeaux
- Tasting of 2 red wines using the SAT
- Other wines: Prosecco, Cava, White Zinfandel, Beaujolais, Côtes du Rhône, Chianti, Rioja, Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Sauternes, Sherry, Port
- How to properly store and serve wine
Afternoon Break 1:45 – 2:00
- Tasting of 6 wines using the SAT
- Food and wine pairing
- Wine games
- Practice examination
Last Break to Prepare the Room 4:15-4:30
Exam 4:30 – 5:30
Who is WSET Level 1 For
Level 1 is a great place to start
your wine journey!
WSET’s Level 1 basic wine course is great fit for anyone interested in learning more about wine. So, this is a good place to start your wine journey!
Louis Pasteur, France
"A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world."
Your WSET Level 1 Exam
At the end of class, you’ll write your exam…
- you have 45 minutes
- to answer 30 multiple choice questions
- you must get 70% in order to pass the exam
- you will not blind taste wines in the Level 1 exam
Exams are sent to London, England for marking and may take anywhere from 3-8 weeks to get your results.
Celebrate your wine mastery with pride as you receive your coveted lapel pin, a symbol of triumph and proof of passing your wine exam. You’ll also get a certificate signed by our WSET president upon passing!
Sign up today!
WSET Level 1
Upon payment, you'll receive the 'Specification' which tells you everything you need to know to pass your exam. You'll also gain immediate access to your FREE Ultimate Guide to WSET Level 1 in Wines.
What are you waiting for??
Wine does not make you fat,
it makes you lean...
against walls, chairs
and funny people
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Kind words from kind humans...
I wouldn’t be a success without hardworking students such as these fine humans…